Thursday, February 21, 2008

Two Of A Kind!


Yesterday I was upstairs working on the computer and watching outside for Hayden's bus to arrive. I saw it turn around the corner but by the time I got downstairs the bus had opened it's doors and let Hayden off. To my suprise Hayden had his friend Trenton Skidmore with him. They both came running up the walk yelling "we decided to have a play date!" Well neither Trenton's mom Erika or I were in on this idea. I happily welcomed them into the house and then called Trenton's mom. Trenton gets of the bus two stops before Hayden so I knew she would probably start wondering where he was. To their luck Erika said it was ok for Trenton to stay and play. They had a great time together, but both were told that you just don't decide to get off the bus whenever you want and go play at each others houses.

What I think is so cute is that Trenton's dad Jason and Todd grew up across the street from each other and were good buds. Now their son's have become great buds. Hayden and Trenton are in the same Kindergarten class. Now as many of you mothers know the first day of Kindergarten is a very hard day, how are you suppose to let your little kid enter into the doors of a big school all by themselves, and you have no control. Well when it was time for the kids to start filing in to class, I took one last look at Hayden and Trenton and as they walked into the school, they were holding hands. It was at that point that I realized that no matter how hard is is for me to see Hayden start school it was going to happen but at least he had a good friend by his side.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad to see that Hayden has such a cute little friend. Give the kids hugs and kisses for us. We love and miss them.

Nicole said...

Cadin and Conner have a little friend named Aiden that wants to come over everyday. The twins also ask to go over to his house everyday also. They love playing with friends and it is nice. The few benefits of living close to a school is that they can't ride the bus and I have to pick them up hence no extra bodies. What will they think of next? They keep us guessing!! We hope to see you guys again soon.